Our Mission, Values, and Approach
We believe that given the opportunity, everyone has the potential to achieve extraordinary things. Fostering this potential and promoting opportunities for people around the world is what motivates us and our work.
Founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship, Making Cents International uses evidence-based, market-driven approaches to support those most in need: Young leaders advocating for change, smallholder farmers feeding our planet, women entrepreneurs launching and growing businesses, families displaced by conflict and disasters struggling to rebuild their lives. In doing this important work, we partner with local organizations to create inclusive and supportive social and economic ecosystems where all individuals and groups can thrive and live fulfilling lives.
Learning and sharing how we, our clients, and our partners can create lasting change in people’s lives is at a core of our organizational ethos. Our flagship initiatives – the Youth Economic Opportunities Network and the annual Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit – embody this ethos by bringing together development practitioners, donors, companies, researchers, and young leaders to learn from each other and improve their programs, policies, and partnerships.
For more than two decades, we have been a trusted partner to numerous public and private clients. We are excited to co-create and bring new ideas to life with partners who seek real and lasting change in the world. We look forward to working together with you for a future where all people can reach their full potential.
- Excellence – we produce high-quality, practical products and services
- Innovation – we are creative, take risks, and continuously strive to improve our practice to move beyond the status quo
- Collaboration – we succeed when we work together for a common purpose
- Learning – we continuously gain and apply knowledge from others and from our own experience
- Agility – we are flexible, changing methods and adapting systems to meet evolving needs
- Respect – we value and seek to understand the perspectives of our beneficiaries, clients, and partners
- Integrity – we operate and engage others in an honest and trustworthy manner
Click here for our Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
We link learning to action to create lasting change.